Wednesday 15 August 2007

March 29, ____.

I have two carrier bags in which I keep the papers to do with my asylum case. One of the bags is from ASDA and the other bag is from TESCO.

The ASDA bag is translucent. I must've got it at around Christmas time. This would explain why the colour red dominates the bag. I can’t understand the translucence, though. Why did ASDA, or whoever orders and stocks these bags, what made them decide the bags should be see-through?

You can’t see through the TESCO bag. It’s predominantly white with a lot of blue and green and some red. The word TESCO is in red and each of the five letters has a blue squiggle under it.

The TESCO bag doesn‘t tell you to shop at TESCO. It tells you (in blue) that if you re-use the bag you can collect (in green) Green Club Card Points and that (in white writing in a green circle), you get one point per bag. There's also a red and white British Red Cross advert and a note (in blue) saying the bag is 100% biodegradable and that plastic bags can be dangerous and that to avoid the danger of suffocation, the bags should be kept away from babies and children.

Maybe I should get either another ASDA carrier bag or another TESCO bag and keep my papers in bags from the same shop. Maybe this is why things haven't been working for me, because I keep one set of papers in an ASDA bag and another set of papers in a TESCO bag.

Which mix of colours is luckier? Predominantly red or predominantly white with loads of blues and greens and some red?

I keep the carrier bags in a small red suitcase. The suitcase has got wheels and you can pull it along with you when you're on the move. I also keep, in the suitcase, a few items of clothing; a few used and unused notebooks; a photo of my daughter as a three-year-old in her grandpa’s gumboots; several pens and pencils; a number of novels I borrowed and forgot to return and an assortment of magazines I picked up in one waiting room or the other and which I meant to read but haven’t quite got round to reading because, at the moment, I have neither the desire nor the energy to read anything.

No comments: